Neighbourhood Watch Reports
Did You Know?
Emergency Help Team
Recycling and Rubbish
MBC Cleansing and Collection Services
Rubbish & Recycling Collections
– Use black bins for rubbish. Use green recycling bins to dispose of paper, cardboard, glass bottles and jars, food and drink cartons, plastic bottles and food trays and containers. Textiles and small electrical items may be left out separately for collection. If your property is assessed as not having room for a wheelie bin you can obtain from MBC black sacks for rubbish and a black box for recycling. Leave bins and sacks at the boundary of your property by 7.00am on the day of collection and no earlier than the evening beforehand. For further information visit
– Two sizes of wheelie bin can be hired from Maidstone Borough Council (240L and 140L available for an annual hire charge of £35 and £31.50 respectively).
Neighbours may wish to consider sharing a bin. Further information is available at
or by telephoning 01622 602600.
Bulky Collection Service
– Phone MBC on 01622 602600 or go online to
to arrange a collection. For further information go to
. Householders may also use the KCC Household Waste Tip at Burial Ground Lane in Tovil; opening times are Monday to Saturday 8.00am to 4.30pm and on Sundays and most bank holidays from 9.00am to 4.00pm. The site is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. For further information go to
- A “pull-out” (or rear of property) collection service is available to those who are unable to wheel or carry their refuse to the front boundary of their homes – call 01622 602600 or go to
– Report a missed bin collection within 48 hours directly to Maidstone Borough Council at
Site Design by ZuLogic Ltd
© Copyright Staplehurst Parish Council 2011