user:
psw:
| lost password
Home » Local News & Events » New Kent Rail Franchis Meeting 17th Februry 2018
Message Order:
20/01/2018 10:43:31
Simon Green
Posts 37
Those soud like good reasons to come to the Railfuture meeting!
19/01/2018 10:47:46
paolo
Local Resident
Posts 383
I got caught up in that fiasco yesterday and also today, the 0820 was cancelled again for the very same reason, no stopping at certain stations to make up time.
I have emailed southeastern today complaining about their poor performance.
Since the beginning of December it's been rare for a train to have a full compliment of working toilets, unacceptable when the total train journey to its end destination is over two hours, and very often when they are working they are dirty and have no toilet paper.
Lack of information when there are problems has been an ongoing situation for years now.
With huge increases in fares, my season ticket is now nearly £5000!, however I have seen no improvement in the service or rolling stock for years.
18/01/2018 20:16:02
Simon Green
Posts 37
The Railfuture Kent division meeting will be in Maidstone on Saturday 17 February 2018 from 14.00. Our venue will be the Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH which is a short walk from Maidstone's rail stations and of course by bus.

All are welcome - members, non-members, Rail User Groups and other Rail Industry partners (it would be useful if you notified joint Chris Fribbins - chris.fribbins@railfuture.org.uk - if you are planning to attend, but it is not essential). If you have any specific Kent issues you would like to discuss now or at future meetings, let us know via Chris Fribbins. There is a lot going on in the Kent Route Area - forthcoming Integrated Kent/South Eastern franchise renewal from DfT, Kent Area Route Study from Network Rail - and we want Railfuture involved and influencing OUR railway.

We are inviting the three bidders for the new Kent Franchise to attend but we do not yet know which if any will be able to come.

My personal opinion (not necessarily the Railfuture view) is that Staplehurst is getting another bad deal in the Invitation to Tender - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/south-eastern-franchise-2017-invitation-to-tender. Still only two trains an hour and if one gets cancelled (often by skipping stations from Pluckley to Paddock Wood) we are down to one. This happened today. The 8.20 was completely cancelled. The 8.50 was then diverted at Sevenoaks to terminate at Victoria. I got the next train from Sevenoaks which was from Tunbridge Wells and standing room only in four carriages. I don't think they are allowed to cancel trains to and from Tunbridge Wells!

The bidders can choose to offer more than is in the Invitation so this is a good opportunity to try to influence them either directly, if they come, or through Railfuture.

Meantime, I continue to press Southeastern on the flooded car park with potholes and on the new car park due to be properly contructed on the rough area to the west of the station. I am told this work should start in late March and be completed in the autumn.
pages: 1
the topic is closed - topics are automatically closed 30 days after original post

Home » Local News & Events » New Kent Rail Franchis Meeting 17th Februry 2018

If you are having any difficulties using this site or in registering to use the forum please click here to fill in a contact / troubleshooting form or suggest improvements.