psw:
| lost password
Home » Have Your Say » Headcorn road
Message Order:
01/02/2018 11:39:27
Danny
Local Resident
Posts 38
Its a shame that Homeleighs will be leaving, I normally walk to the store when I need anything that doesn't need to be picked up by car, travelling to the store outside of the village will entail me becoming another road user, slightly increasing pressure on the junction.

I regularly note cars using Station Rd as a race track, even witnessing overtaking at the traffic lights, in one instance a post office light truck was overtaking a stationary vehicle by Homeleighs and a car was trying to overtake the truck. This will only get worse.
30/01/2018 17:50:39
Welshman
Local Resident
Posts 83
On the subject of Headcorn Road - the latest fly tipping in the gateway between the two bridges is truly disgusting and I do wish they could be caught and some real penalties applied. There is another pile further along before Sutton Valance. Low-lifes deserve nothing but contempt.
30/01/2018 17:47:59
Welshman
Local Resident
Posts 83
?
Shops closed or closing - Spuds & Buds and one of the charity shops.
Homeleigh Timber - permission given to redevelop the site for housing.
29/01/2018 21:10:12
Tiny
Local Resident
Posts 337
'Sadly the limited shopping will soon become even worse with more closures'
'The biggest problem on the southern end of Station Road will be solved when/if Homeleigh move out '

?
14/01/2018 10:52:18
Welshman
Local Resident
Posts 83
The biggest problem on the southern end of Station Road will be solved when/if Homeleigh move out (albeit there will be the problem of builders vans whilst the site is built out). The line-up of their lorries with their 'parking lights' (hazard warnings lights) blocking the pavement is a real pain.
11/01/2018 19:04:31
Mal
Local Resident
Posts 41
I noticed the yellow lines have been done down the Headcorn road and about 75 yards down Station Road. Why stop there, should have gone at least another 50 yards along Station Road. That would stop another snarl up problem for vehicles passing through the lights towards Maidstone..
08/01/2018 10:41:31
Welshman
Local Resident
Posts 83
Agree with all you say Martin. Sadly the limited shopping will soon become even worse with more closures and empty shops. With the school don't forget all the development monies from all the new houses planned are going to Headcorn school - which will no doubt lead in time to a flood of traffic between Staplehurst and Headcorn twice a day for school traffic.
06/01/2018 17:55:38
Martin Pettifer
Local Resident
Posts 21
Hats off to the PC for their efforts in pushing for the double yellow lines recently installed before the traffic lights on the Headcorn road. It's made as big difference to the previous traffic build that had become the norm. Very well done!
Now,please can we have a Supermarket, get rid off the high gloss hedge,
an additional school,a medical center that can cope, etc, etc!
For starters can something be done about the outrageous car parking around the school delivery and collection times. The police could have a Field Day if we had any.
pages: 1
the topic is closed - topics are automatically closed 30 days after original post

Home » Have Your Say » Headcorn road

If you are having any difficulties using this site or in registering to use the forum please click here to fill in a contact / troubleshooting form or suggest improvements.